I am privileged to teach, dance and connect with the circle of doulas all over the world. Being a doula is universal language – like a smile – the gentle supportive role can cross nations, cultures and languages.
Labor support, comfort, and the nurturing of mothers, fathers and partners during one of their most vulnerable and yet their most powerful life moments is an honor. I do believe that just by holding a mother’s space during labor that you are giving her an amazing gift. That said, I also believe that being a trained DONA doula gives you an amazing base of knowledge and understanding that will deepen your understanding of ways to support and honor the sacred time that is birth.[Tweet “12 Top Reasons You Should Attend a Doula Workshop!”]
Here are my top 12 reasons you should attend a doula workshop!
- Discover a doula’s Her-Story, Scope of Practice and Doula Code of Ethics
- Join the sisterhood: doulas practice all over the world and have a shared passion!
- Learn how to enhance comfort and pleasure for your clients
- Explore ways to grow your doula practice and your activism for every MotherBaby and Family
- Practice hands-on techniques for each stage and phase of childbirth
- Learn comfort measures with a birth ball, rebozo, peanut ball, water and more…[Tweet “Examine ways to make every birth -in every setting- a safe, sacred, gentle birth.”]
- Examine ways to make every birth – in every setting – a safe, sacred, gentle birth
- Refine the information you will cover during prenatal and postpartum visits
- Honor The Golden hour – Newborns and breastfeeding
- Improve your Communication skills
- Begin process to become certified with DONA International, a well-respected, evidence based and historic doula organization
- Elevate your doula business skills
And a bonus reason? Because educated doulas feel more prepared for the challenges and triumphs that childbirth will bring.